Ann: Chairman's Letter re Scheme of Arrangeme, page-20

1. 36,918 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    re: Ann: Chairman's Letter re Scheme of A... Wow . How insulting is that letter from John Anderson ?

It's taken 5 weeks for him to put pen to paper and provide absolutely zero new information despite many of us ringing the office on multiple occasions.

I thought I was ticked off about the offer. I'm twice as mad that he can be so arrogant as to writing us a letter telling us how lucky we are without any explanation of why the wheels have fallen off. The only reason that the SOA would be a good deal is if everything we have been told the last few years was wrong.

Interesting that DC hasn't popped his head up. We're used to DC pretty much taking control at agms and explaining everything from reservoir dynamics to gas marketing. All of a sudden , he's gone to ground. If you are reading this DC , feel free to call me if you don't agree as you have my number , I've left it several times before !

I reckon JA has been told to write this letter by STO. Otherwise , why bother ? After all this time what could that letter possibly achieve now ? Soften us up for the IER maybe ?

As far as the generous take over offer , no mention of the massive shorting campaign that makes the offer look good. My understanding of shorting is that someone thinks a stock is overvalued , usually because of underlying issues. Does anyone think that STO doesn't understand the company ? Would they be taking it over if there were any underlying issues ? Of course we all know what else a shorting scheme can be used for...

Not to mention his little blurb about how good STO is ! Shouldn't have expected any more out of a politician I guess.

It still may not be over yet but to come out with this letter which is supposed to help shareholders , well I'm almost speechless . I think we're getting a valuable investment lesson here in a way. Not about analysis mind you but about honesty and integrity .

P.S. As for my sentiment for ESG , put me down for furious.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.