DTE 0.00% 13.0¢ dart energy limited

re: Ann: Chairman's Letter to Shareholder... "The great majority...

1. 612 Posts.
    re: Ann: Chairman's Letter to Shareholder... "The great majority of the DTE shareholder base voting, voted in favour of the appointment of these Directors."

Not at all. The number of votes for Rob Neale to become the new chairman was 409591089 which is 37% of the total number of shares or New Hope + Greenpark + 7%. The number of votes against was about 20.8%. ie 42% of shareholders didn't vote at all.

It's good you're here Sam to speak for the new board because they don't seem to be able to speak for themselves. The chairman wasn't able to outline his vision at the AGM (or since) perhaps you can fill in for him now?

Until the chairman comes out and communicates with shareholders, what the previous chairman said in his response to New Hope's proposal - the announcement that started this thread, still seems to apply ...

The New Hope proposal for Brisbane-based board control contains no information concerning a strategy to add further value to our world-class assets in the UK, nor how to manoeuvre through the delicate politics and community involvement needed to unlock the latent value in our assets in New South Wales, Indonesia and China. Given New Hope has not provided any business plan we can only assume that this is part of a move by its parent company Washington H Soul Pattinson and Company Ltd (Soul Pattinson) to protect New Hope from low world coal prices by taking control of oil and gas companies at the expense of other shareholders.

I wish I had a more optimistic view but the New Hope plants running this show have not given shareholders any reason to believe they have the other shareholder's interests at heart.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DTE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.