MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

Epaka and callent,Like you I certainly saw that there is an...

1. 59 Posts.
    Epaka and callent,

Like you I certainly saw that there is an underlying bias in many posts to this and other HotCopper forums. But that is the nature of these forums. I understood this and made my own investment decisions based on my own perceptions and evaluations accordingly, not what posters said.

That being said, I still lost a lot of money in MEO.

However what concerned me about the MEO forum (particularly last year) was that there were several, very prominent, frequent posters who posted a lot of what seemed to be well informed comment, invariably favourable to the company. If it wasn’t for company disclosure rules and ASIC prohibitions to such activity, I might have thought that some worked for or were otherwise connected to the company.

The problem that I found is that if you take some of these characters on with a contrary view, you risk being vilified, your view diminished and being shouted down by them and their cronies. I wasn’t the only one this happened to.

While I tended to disregard much of what these posters said, others might have believed what they said and made investment decisions based on that.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.