RED 1.16% 42.5¢ red 5 limited

I think that Red 5 at the current price reflects a sensible...

1. 1,053 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 991
    I think that Red 5 at the current price reflects a sensible level taking into context the Darlot mine operations being recently underwhelming. On one hand, investors will pay for future prospects but more experienced and astute investors also take a lot into account what they can see in the company's financial and operational performance in the recent quarters. The fact is that Darlot has gone backwards in cashflow generation compared to 2019. This is undisputed. While their reserves and resources have risen, this is still beneath the ground and awaits extraction at a reasonable cost.

The KotH project development has indeed gained traction and the financing is in place. That is indeed very encouraging a development made this year. While it may justify the stock price being higher on this merit, I daresay that at least the bulk of the investors of RED stocks (not restricted to Hotcopper posters) are more rooted on what they can see. They do not seem particularly excited to pay more for the stocks. We can say what we like about whether they have it right or wrong, but in the last 18 months I have written my valuation reports on this company, I have been able to capture the actual price range. Trading on that range, I have been happy about my returns and it has made a tidy profit than if I merely hope for the price to skyrocket and yet it has not been realised.

Will 2021 bode a good year for RED in terms of the stock price? I can say that it really is rooted more on the Darlot mine for the first 8 months and if Siana is allowed to restart or be sold (I recall at the 2019 Gold and Alternative Investments Conference when I talked with the director about Siana he indicated they have a couple of offers - well, we now know how those negotiations have gone...). So I still stand by the equity analysts that many quote here about the prices of 50c and well above that have gone way ahead of themselves. I rather they be right than me the next 8 months, but the last 18, I think I hit the mark and they did not.

Cheers,
    Brian

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RED (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
42.5¢
Change
-0.005(1.16%)
Mkt cap ! $1.472B
Open High Low Value Volume
43.0¢ 43.5¢ 42.0¢ $13.48M 31.70M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
18 290926 42.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
42.5¢ 48931 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
42.5¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 0.96 %)
Open High Low Volume
43.0¢ 43.3¢ 42.0¢ 4377291
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
RED (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.