SRI 0.00% 1.3¢ sipa resources limited

Ann: Change in Auditor, page-4

1. 7,482 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 682
    "The Board chose PwC on the basis of their reputation and experience, particular the numerous companies in the junior exploration industry operating in Africa.' -

not sure what this means: "...particular the numerous companies in the junior exploration industry operating in Africa.'" Does that mean that there are numerous junior exploration companies in Africa (well thats news to me)) OR does it mean given the numerous companies in the junior exploration industry in Africa that PwC audit???. Big difference in interpretation IMO and that statement is quite vague.

Would be interesting to have numbers on the junior exploration companies in Africa that PwC audit as compared to the previous auditor.

on the face of it an auditing firm is an auditing firm and lets face it they both have international offices in most countries and should have clients in all industries. If the previous auditors have no experience in the junior exploration industry or little experience in it in Africa then IMO companies would be reluctant to utilise their services. Having difficulty getting my head around the reason provided.

from what i understand there are auditing standards that are required to be followed - and if applied in the "spirit" of the standards one would expect that outcomes would be consistenet/similar with all auditors. However IMO there will always be differing interpretations of standards/legislation - just need to look at legal legislation that can be interpreted differently by differing law firms.

Will be interesting to compare future audited financials to previous ones and in particular how the accounting for exploration and other expenses are shown.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SRI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $2.966M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.3¢ 1.3¢ 1.3¢ $4.159K 319.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 209994 1.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.5¢ 201347 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SRI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.