NWE 0.00% 5.6¢ norwest energy nl

Whilst we (and the market) are waiting for the next bit of...

1. 260 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2320
    Whilst we (and the market) are waiting for the next bit of news...

Top 20 just came out (they took a week off reporting it seems) and not much has changed in the past fortnight. TBH the trading has been very light... only 2% SOI traded in past 2 weeks... very low. Looks to me like the LT holders are very happy to wait...

Notable movements are:

• Citicorp @ no.4 adding 3.9m
    • HSBC #2 @ no.5 adding 1.85m
    • Netwealth Investments adding 2.6m, moving them up 1 spot to no.9
    • National Noms selling 4.8m (down to no.10)
    • McCusker Holdings (our favourite new holder?) snapping up another 6m, sitting pretty at no.16. I am wondering if they will keep accumulating to move into the Top 10. Hope so.

Top 20 now up to 42.30% SOI. You can check it out here http://norwestenergy.com.au/company/capital-structure/

Worth noting briefly that BPT reported on Monday and it wasn't well received. Basically, forward production guidance down and reserves numbers revised down. But, very interesting to see their CEO state very explicitly this:

"Beach is looking for acquisitions in Australia and New Zealand", Chief Executive Officer Morne Engelbrecht said on Monday, adding that the company could be interested in greenfield, brownfield or producing assets." We are focused on Australia and New Zealand in particular," Engelbrecht told analysts on a call after the company reported its annual results." We are looking at if potential assets can feed our current infrastructure. That's probably priority number one," he said." If it's producing that's a plus, but we're not focused on anything in particular in terms of whether it's greenfields, brownfields or producing."

They do have a strong balance sheet (net cash of $765m) and will only improve significantly once Waitsia LNG export revenue starts coming in next year. I suspect they will "strike" before Mr McGowan decides to change the export LNG rules... I watch with interest to see who / what they will move on first. It will create a flurry of corporate action IMO and likely a re-rate of all PB players.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.