NWE 0.00% 5.6¢ norwest energy nl

Ann: Change in substantial holding from MIN, page-132

1. phx
    508 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 219
    Thank you - a very well thought out post.
    "So for any company with a potential gas resource/reserve,you can for your own use, make a 'guesstimate' of the 'discovery value per share' from shares on issue and percentage equity in the resource /reserve. Note that this is a totally unrisked number. Some accounting for geological resource/reserve risk in the 'discovery value per share' can be made working off P90/P50/ P10 resource/reserve numbers as mentioned by old geo."

Can you provide your guestimate?
    I understand it is only a that, a guestimate but it would still be useful.

"I would surmise it is mandatory in Minres's view that Minres controls the JV because of the current JOA minimum of two parties in the JV must agree on all work in the permits other than minimum government work programs. ...

So there must be a significant control premium in the valuation of Norwest."

I could not agree more, this factor does not get mentioned enough.

"Contrary to some posts made, Machiavellian as it may sound, Minres will not delay drilling, development, etc as Minres are an 80% holder in the assets of the two permits and 'wants to get after it' with relatively near term production the aim as Minres has publicly stated."

Again, I totally agree.
    The T/O offer was a very smart move by MinRes.
    They could not lose - they gain control or takeover NWE cheaply as best outcome.
    Worst outcome they get more of NWE cheaply.
    And they don't need 50% of the shares to get board control.
    Many people have board control with a lot less than 50%
    Either way they win.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.