TPD 0.00% 21.0¢ talon energy ltd

So the large cross trade @Cherry7 pointed out the other day was...

1. 8,369 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3017
    So the large cross trade @Cherry7 pointed out the other day was MS.
    This is a large holding, probably somewhere in the Top 30.
    This suggests to me MS are in cahoots with other brokerage firm/s as it was a S3 crossing, as I can't see a top 30 holder selling at so close to the SOA (i.e. if they were going to sell, they'd have done it already).

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5742/5742927-cb6431d4e8062efc6ad6024a648d2399.jpg
    The two main possibilities for why MS are accumulating:
    - they might think they can make a profit by accumulating enough to block the SOA and then negotiate with STX for a better deal. You'd think they'd need around 15% to be confident (with another 10% coming from irate shareholders). There is little downside here; if it doesn't work, they simply end up with STX stock.
    - they are using TPD to acquire STX stock via the back door. If they can get 1.5-2.0% of STX via the SOA, and are hovering just below 5% for STX (hidden behind nominee accounts), they only need to get another ~3% to get to 10%, which is an important threshold for blocking hostile takeovers from other parties.

I'm leaning towards the second option. But as both a TPD and STX shareholder, it's great to have a 'big boy' acquiring stock in TPD at this late stage.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TPD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.