ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 2,446 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 213
    Hi Josh, I can't help you with picking the bottom. I am not sure where that is.

I can tell you a little about my view of SAI and you can make your own decision.

SAI is nominally an index hugger and trades in line but at a premium to the wider ASX200 except where some catalyst causes a divergence like a couple of years ago when Private Equity ran the ruler and the sp went to $5.20.

If you graph the SAI share price with ASX200, you can see the premium for last year's improved result has been knocked off in the last 2 months.

This coincides with with a lot of churn amongst the substantial holders with Paradice Investment and Vinva Investment ceasing and NAB and most recently PPT joining. Credit Suisse were also substantial for a couple of days until they returned 3m shares to NAB they'd borrowed. There is no substantial shorting going on that I can see.

All this churn with a restricted free float (92% held by the top 20) and a bear market (budget, election, US and Chinese growth) seems to indicate SAI is just following the wider narrative. Personally I don't think it reflects the fundamentals. SAI is in the bottom quadrant of the ASX200 based on an MC of $800m. It's 1 year share price performance is in the middle (-15%) along with TLS, CBA, ASJ and WBC.

I think the new CEO has done a pretty good job cleaning out the cardigan mentality and seems determined to build the business which has been on auto-pilot for years.

Not sure where the bottom is but this feels low to me. Note I am not buying or selling at this price.

Hope this helps

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SAI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.