SHJ 1.43% 71.0¢ shine justice ltd

What is this 'caps'? I'm actually very lost to the things you...

1. 160 Posts.
    What is this 'caps'? I'm actually very lost to the things you guys talk about here on this thread.

Market manipulation is illegal if done with intention and can be proven.

Even though I claimed I could move the market by 10cents each way within a few minutes due to volume, I wouldn't do it. You know why? Because if I want to get it down to 45cents, I probably can, since if I offload in one go before any buyer can step in with a higher bid to soak up my selling volume. But the problem with that is why would I want to sell for cheap? Makes no sense, unless I am just spiteful and have too much money to lose to prove a point to you guys that I have this volume.

Similarly on the buy side I have enough funds to enter on mass and bid up the price, and that makes no sense either. Since I want to buy cheap, and sell dear. When I entered Shine, it was with small bids over a long day. Every 10minutes I would put up a random small bid, of say 100k share bid at 50cents in order to land a good price and not exhaust the sellers at that time.

Market manipulation is very hard to do in today's market. In the old days, during the robber baron days of Jay Gould and others, Gould use to buy out entire newspapers in order disseminate information such as Erie Railway will rise soon due to good prospect, while he was sitting on the board of Erie as it's Chairman. Then he would also assemble a buying group, with the aid of other big volume players in order to form a super pool to move prices rapidly. So once he puts out the news report, he moves prices the next day with the buying pool, giving the news report credence, and also people knew he owned the newspaper and is the Chairman of Erie. This causes retail investors to flood in on mass, while he was exiting the stock at the same time, often before his other pool members could get out at a good price, and back stabbing them. This wasn't illegal back then. It was just smart moves by a cunning businessman. It was how business dealings operate. Even today buying and selling of private businesses still works this way. Insider trading and market manipulation being illegal is an an artificial concept started after the public outcry against people like Jay Gould.

So today it is very hard to do and not worth the risk. Some still do it, but very rarely. You can't exactly buy newspapers no more to do this. Coming on hot copper and thinking you can influence the price of a big volume company is wishful thinking. Small volume firms you probably can, but no one is even on those forums to read your post, due to their obscurity.

So don't go around blaming everything on market manipulation and insider trading when you can't explain some issue with stock price movements. Actually don't even speculate on price movements. Talk about the risk and price/value of the business you are investing versus your other opportunities, because Mr. Market will present you with strange prices every day, because markets usually manipulate themselves into thinking that a valuable company is worthless.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SHJ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
71.0¢
Change
0.010(1.43%)
Mkt cap ! $123.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
70.5¢ 71.0¢ 70.5¢ $1.773K 2.506K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 35154 70.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
75.0¢ 33433 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.33pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SHJ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.