ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 7,380 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2717
    Well, I am not so sure. I have been studying the last quarterly report, which gave us some annual production, development and exploration numbers.

Roc has crashed in share price from 74c a few weeks ago to now around 38c. That's a drop of almost 50%. Market cap is now around $271m, and it was $530m. so, that's some $260m wiped off the market cap.

ROC gained its revenue in 2009 from Cliff Head ($30mUS); Zhao Dong C&D ($82mUS); Zhao Dong C$ ($7mUS); Chinguetti ($6mUS); Enoch ($16mUS); Blane ($30mUS) and the now infamous BMG $30mUS) for a total of $203mUS in sales, of which BMG was some 14.7%.

For the year, total exploration and development expenditure was $72m, of which $40m related to BMG.

Let's face it, it looks like BMG is probably a dog. They have thrown a lot of hoot at it, and it perhaps just does not want to come up to scratch. Who knows...perhaps the jury is still out (just).

But, do you see where I am heading here. Just because BMG might well be a dog of an asset, does that justify stripping half the value away from this enterprise?

We still have 6 other production assets which brought in $170mUS of revenue in 2009. From the quarterly, "ROC remains well positioned to pursue development growth opportunities in Australia and China". I don't think this situation at BMG actually affects that proposition does it.

You will note from the last quarterly, they achieved $50mUs in sales without any contribution from BMG.

Strikes me this thing is way undervalued now, given their 5 other producing assets, operating cash flow, and project development and exploration upside.

Have any of the brokers done an in depth analysis as yet?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ROC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.