BCI 2.08% 24.5¢ bci minerals limited

Ann: Change in substantial holding , page-7

1. 1,569 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    My tally so far:

On the 27/07/09 Alkane Resources sold 4M shares to someone. It was at the same time that Regent became a cornerstone investor when they took most of the Capital Raising shares @ $1.10 during July 2009. Incidently, those CR shares that Regent obtained became tradable on 27/07/09. If ALK had sold their shares before 27/07/09, BCI wouldn't of had a substantial holder to block a ConsMin takeover attempt... coincidence??? Basically the vetoing vote in the advent of a takeover attempt by ConsMin was passed from ALK to Regent. The fact that this all took place on the same day strikes me anyway of being too much of a coincidence for it not to be part of a bigger picture. Anyway ... Post 27/07/09 saw the beginning of SP manipulation at BCI. It was also the start of Regent continuing to accumulate to around 15.5% in Retail shares by October 2010. During November 2010 Regent took a further 4M shares through another Capital Raising bringing their total to around 19.7% at that time. Just shy of the 20% limit. Since then, Regent has been able to increase their holdings through the 3% every 6 month 'creep' rule. Current total in RETAIL shares is 23.849M. Those are the Retail shares, what of their Institutional shares?

As I started to say, ALK sold 4M shares to some entity on the 27/07/09. I STRONGLY suspect that it was Regent who brought those shares. If it wasn't Regent then it would have been ConsMin although I doubt it. Those shares were never declared because they weren't over the 5% threshold and were probably placed into a seperate account by Regent and considered Institutional shares by Regent.

http://www.alkane.com.au/reports/asx/pdf/20090729.pdf

Further on. During March, April and May of 2010, BCI had some massive daily volumes. The SP peaked at $2.22 when all of a sudden the buying stopped. A couple of months later we get a release through the ASX saying that some entity had accumulated 11.470M shares during that stated period. The shares were once again deemed Institutional shares and were held under UBS AG. However the entity was a little sloppy and left two clues. Firstly, the entity that had signed off on the shares was a company from Hong Kong. The other was that the entity originally brought the shares through Citicorp and transferred the shares to UBS AG. Regent Pacific almost always used Citicorp to buy their shares at that time. They used Citicorp for most of their other investments. Also, I listed 7 other contenders who may have brought those shares at that time. NONE of the other 7 ever used Citicorp. I STRONGLY suspect Regent Pacific hold those shares.

A further note is that in every BCI presentation, they stated in a slide a percentage of Institutional shares held and follow in brackets "(including Regent)", meaning that Regent holds Institutional shares. That fact that BCI would single out Regent would to me mean BCI is doing it for legal reasons or it indicates that the holding is substantial.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20100707/pdf/31r6jr1lxz7n5g.pdf

What else Regent may hold apart from these shares is unclear, but I believe that Regent could hold as many as 39.319M shares. That being:

23.849M Retail shares.
    15.470M Institutional shares.
    Or around 38% of BC Iron.
    And I also think Regent's average is around $1.70 a share.

The other thing to consider if this is true is it would mean that ConsMin and Regent own over 60% of BC Iron between them!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BCI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
24.5¢
Change
0.005(2.08%)
Mkt cap ! $706.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
24.5¢ 25.0¢ 24.0¢ $198.5K 812.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 44912 24.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
25.0¢ 377190 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BCI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.