ARI 0.00% 2.9¢ arika resources limited

accaeric, Firstly, reading from some of the information onother...

1. 9,113 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8514
    accaeric,
    Firstly, reading from some of the information onother IO companies, the discount for 58% had fallen to 15-18%, so I imagine the discount for 60% would be lower, plus of course the crash in the shipping rates and oil price since guidance was given.

If anything I'd expect a surprise to the upside in the quarterly, though management should release information about these things when they happen, ie continuous disclosure.
    It's quite possible that cash is a bit more positive than the 80c/t you suggest, and next quarter barring IO falling to $US50, could be $10-20/t ($Aus) positive, a definite upside surprise.

Can the SP fall lower in a vacuum of information? absolutely, but at 15-16c, there is not much downside risk compared to reward. A falling $Aus trend continuation could really help with cash and corresponding debt reduction.
    3b shares is too many, so a consolidation of 1/5, bringing it back to just under 600m, would put it back into investment grade along with continued debt reduction. A 1/5 consolidation brings the price to 75c, positive cash surprises would take it over $1/sh fairly quickly. There are funds that only buy $1+ shares.

Also, something I read recently on another forum, shares that drop out of the ASX100, outperform those that go into it. So personally I would be looking forfurther purchases at these prices, then an exit when it goes back into the ASX100 down the track.
    My buy in point is 16c, so I don't have a lot of downside, first blip up I'll be adding.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARI (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.