MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

Hi Used Moggie. For the last six months MEO SHs and the MEO...

1. iam
    1,149 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    Hi Used Moggie.

For the last six months MEO SHs and the MEO board have been brought to task about their investment decisions in various forums which has become quite insulting on both sides of the world. Likewise Mosman SHs have had their fair share of grief.

I have not joined the debate about the TO until now, apart from a post on 4th April where I mentioned that I hoped the Mosman BOD respected the majority decision of MEOs Shs not to participate and withdraw the offer at the 8 May deadline.

Now the deadline has passed I decide to post on this thread only to offer my thoughts on the failed TO and the direction of both companies referring to facts that are available through releases to the ASX and LSE. It appears my views may be a little close to the wind.

I have made pertinent comments about both MEO and Mosman in this thread but, in my view, have not intentionally defamed or slandered any individual or group of individuals. It is not in my nature to do this.

When investing in the high risk O/G/Energy sector robust debates is entered into both at the boardroom level and between the 'Mum and Dad' retail investors. Unfortunately I have witnessed the demise of many relationships through the participation of high and medium risk investments, including the share market. This has been confirmed through being observant over the years and participating in meaningful discussions including the HC threads.

Emotions can run high I genuinely feel for those whose investment hopes have been dashed. Because of this I like to try and share my experiences to help fellow Investors/SHs through the various minefields.

The continuation of the bitter relationship between Mosman and MEO is doing no favours for the investors in both companies. It is one thing to invest in a high risk portfolio but for SHs to be taken for granted and be the subject of bitter discourse is another.

This happens quite regularly and I have often said in this forum that the Market is geared up for traders and opportunists who create volatility, but without the grass roots investors some junior companies would not exist in the first place.

SHs are not given many opportunities to vote but the majority of MEO SHs, have voted against a merger with Mosman for various reasons only known individual MEOmites.

It is not my intent to influence the MEO SHs decisions, hence my reticence to post of late.

My posts on this thread was meant to outline the T20 changes and the reasons why I did not personally take up the Mosman offer. This point has been echoed by the vast majority of MEO SHs over the last few months.

Mosman itself must see promise in MEO to warrant the investment they are pursuing on behalf of its SHs.

Likewise the new MEO board are continually mapping a future for their investors.

Let's hope MEO moves forward to realise profits for all MEOmites including the new T20 participant, Mosman and their SHs.

Please DYOR

#:>))
    PS: I will refrain from posting my views on the Mosman TO for now as I feel I have expressed my point of view and the direction of the TO has rendered any further comment redundant.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.