ERA 5.88% 1.8¢ energy resources of australia limited

Ann: Change in substantial holding, page-7

1. MrQ
    5,148 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 272
    @fp944s2 - do your normal research on the actual announcement - media got it wrong, many on here have got it wrong for their own reasons - some because they lost so much in that slide from high teens peak to $6 post Fukushima, then again on that slide from $6 to that trading area of $4 to $5, then again when they did their 12:7 raise and suddenly the price was mid $1's, where it has generally stayed since.

Some would have lost $15 per share if they had no stops - so they are delighted to think the company could fold, even though ERA has the lease for the 3rd biggest uranium mine in the world [3 Deeps] and "who knows exactly how big" Jabiluka. What they don't have is a high uranium price or local approval to mine, something which after the bad days of the 1970's they said they would always ask permission to mine from the owners of the land, the Mirrar people.

Could RIO shut shop - of course they could. On the flip side - announce was not abandonment, but a HALT of the development of 3 Deeps due to current economic environment PLUS they need the local indigenous support to mine past 2021, which is required to make 3 Deeps economic anyway. Plus again, BHP spouting that they are looking bat Olympic Dam again could be enough to get RIO interested if they can get some very tough roadblocks cleared.

The Chinese are in now on this one, and they have got in cheap at 40c-70c. Going to be fascinating.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ERA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.8¢
Change
0.001(5.88%)
Mkt cap ! $398.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.7¢ 1.8¢ 1.7¢ $2.697K 150.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 8064 1.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.9¢ 114292 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ERA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.