TME 0.00% $6.07 trade me group limited

At the moment, TME is probably my most heavily weighted stock in...

1. 4,204 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    At the moment, TME is probably my most heavily weighted stock in my portfolio. It is sitting at around 20% so I have backed it up quite a bit. Although, I must point out that I am still quite into cash at the moment depending how this Asia/Greece thing plays out, I may load up if we have another GFC-like moment. I agree with you regarding TME going outside of just realestate. I thought to myself, why dont Carsales/Seek try capitalise in NZ? I then realised that Trade Me has really developed the baseline and it would be to risky for Carsales/Seek to jump into NZ with TME growing so fast. Without having strong accounting skills, I can only assume as New Zealand's population grows over the next decade, TME should grow with it as long as TME continue to invest in R&D and give the customers what they want (they have done a great job of this thus far).

I think your on the money regarding the FY Sales. The NZ market has indeed done very well, from my notes, they have performed better than Australia. I believe the FY accounts should be out in August some time. The great thing about TME, imo of course, is that it is quite a defensive stock regardless of the economic climate. Even during market corrections, people seek the need to sell houses, cars, and seek employment. As I previously mentioned, this is exactly why I dedicated such a large % of my overall portfolio to TME given its ability to get through difficult economic times as compared to say RIO/BHP and almost had commodity stock for that matter.

Of course I agree. At the end of the day this is why we invest. We want companies who are actually making money (well most of us anyway, unless your a penny stock punter). I am confident they can increase their margins, particularly in a technological sector. My only concern regarding the market cap is the current vibe going on in the market.
    Not at all, thanks for contributing. On balance, I think the market in general will take a hit. I believe I mentioned a few days ago if the TME share price does in fact tank, it would probably one of the best to take advantage of in my opinion.

Cheers

Respectfully,
    Ka$h

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TME (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.