AGO 0.00% 4.5¢ atlas iron limited

The whole campaign has been an attempt to strike fear into...

1. 342 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 30
    The whole campaign has been an attempt to strike fear into shareholders. I must have received 10 offers in the mail..I've got about 3 recently that have been sitting there unopened. It's a clear sign of Gina's desperation but the tactic has worked for her.

It's likely that she'll eventually get what she wants as the majority give in..but there is a chance we may end up in a better position if it takes some time to play out, as there are many complex legal issues surrounding takeovers.

I don't blame people for selling early, particularly if they were in the green...but personally I'm happy to wait another year as it's already been quite a few and my average is around 7 or 8c.

The most frustrating thing is when you look back and remember how the last capital raising was being promoted at 5c..once again I was suckered into participating. It's these very scenarios that give investors little to no faith in partaking in capital raisings or even trusting management in ASX listed companies.

Time will tell if the ASX finally decides to hold up its credibility by protecting minority investors, or if it drives them away from the game altogether and we are left with a hedge fund/algo driven marketplace like the US.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.