MP1 1.29% $11.02 megaport limited

Ann: Change in substantial holding, page-18

1. 7,121 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 845
    There are so many different codes for the various XT (cross trades) now, you need a trade de-coding manual to stay across it. So it depends on the code, but my understanding is that the basic code of XT (say for a 1,000 share trade) literally means that a seller has sold that specific number of shares via their broker and that the buyer of those 1,000 shares also used the same broker.

Often it means nothing - e.g. imagine how many times a seller drops shares using ComSec and that exact parcel is picked up by a buyer via ComSec. It gets the XT code.

But... it’s fairly easy to tell when it’s been a pre-arranged meeting of a seller and buyer via a common broker - large parcels that couldn’t simply be dropped into the bid without price swings.

Seeing as so few of these seemingly large parcels are ever announced via substantial holdings, I personally believe these XT movements are most often book-keeping transactions within the holding of a single entity. E.g. moved from super fund A to super fund B, perhaps to crystallise a tax loss or to re-balance holdings across a fund in line with risk management etc.

I’m not in the finance game so others may have far better knowledge of this.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MP1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$11.02
Change
0.140(1.29%)
Mkt cap ! $1.757B
Open High Low Value Volume
$11.20 $11.20 $10.93 $6.996M 634.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 4409 $10.96

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$11.02 2329 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MP1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.