KIN 1.85% 5.5¢ kin mining nl

Ann: Change in substantial holding, page-4

1. 821 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 316
    So does anyone else have a view on whether KIN can get this into production by itself, especially with the current conditions for debt financing? Any guesses for what still needs to be spent on a plant, after the earlier expense on the botched launch two years ago?

A quick look at the map of the Leonora region shows four processing plants within about 75km. Admittedly, I don't know the area at all or whether any of these plants would be a decent fit for KIN's feed. However, the closest are SBM in Leonora and DCN at Mount Morgans. DCN is in a mess and will be more focused on getting its own house in order. But how about SBM, with returns on Gwalia tapering off? Maybe KIN's resource isn't big enough yet to interest them or doesn't look prospective enough yet to pay a substantial premium.

There are two more plants a bit further away (Thunderbox and Darlot) and just to the north of KIN's projects NTM is doing a lot of drilling as well. It is in a similar position to KIN with no plant but its share price has been on a tear since early March.

If the gold price keeps going up at some point M&A activity is going to pick up as well. Financial returns on stranded ounces will increase, plus the potential acquirers will be flush with cash and priced-up equity. Or is this all my imagination?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KIN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.5¢
Change
0.001(1.85%)
Mkt cap ! $64.79M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.5¢ 5.5¢ 5.5¢ $5.5K 100K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 177387 5.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.5¢ 52682 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.57am 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KIN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.