MSB 2.73% $1.07 mesoblast limited

Hi All, Being doingsome research of late regarding M& G holding...

1. 517 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1481

Hi All,

Being doingsome research of late regarding M& G holding and what I understand to be a10% rule that I believe applies to UK funds – which are regulated by FCA (Financial Conduct Authority)

During my searchI came across the following reference from FCA (UK regulator)

FCA –Financial Conduct Authority:

https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/handbook/COLL/5/6.html

My personal views only:

I do not haveany fund management background and so having read the above - these are my personal views only and based on my understanding.

· Inthe UK one of the regulators of fund managers are the FCA

· Itappears there is a UK FCA regulation that states no single holding can be morethan 10% of the value of the fund. My understanding is, the regulator, the FCA, imposescertain restrictions on investment vehicles and in order to ensure that fundshave appropriate diversification and do not become too concentrated, they put alimit of 10% allowed in any singleinvestment. This is among several rules that will be monitored on a daily basisby the fund management companies and if the funds breach any of the rules theyare brought in line.

· Continuedbreaches do not go down well with the FCA.

In Ecool2’sabsence ( I’m sure he would have answered this question very quickly) , It wouldbe appreciated if any holders (with more experience and understanding of UK fundsmanagement) can check my understanding thatin the UK “no single holding can exceed 10% ofthe value of the fund”.

All the best.

Please DYOR as always.

GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.07
Change
-0.030(2.73%)
Mkt cap ! $1.221B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.11 $1.21 $1.05 $28.73M 25.63M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 14264 $1.07

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.08 24626 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.08
  Change
-0.030 ( 2.52 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.10 $1.21 $1.05 5190842
Last updated 15.59pm 02/05/2024 ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.