SRV 0.24% $4.20 servcorp limited

Ann: Change in substantial holding, page-11

1. 10,533 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1389
    Yesterday Mark Vaile had his 10th anniversary of appointment to the Servcorp Board. While not his only corporate posting, it gives me confidence that the founder isn't flying solo regarding experience.

In the 2019-20 Annual Report, SRV remarked 'profits in Australia had fallen dramatically'. At 30 June 2020, 21 of the 126 floors SRV has for clients were in Australia, or 16.66 per cent. The Sydney fortnight lockdown and many travel and other restrictions elsewhere won't be helping as at 30 June 2021. However, in 2019-20, the Australia/NZ/southeast Asia region that SRV groups its serviced offices in saw net profit rise eight per cent compared to 2018-19 despite the closure of seven floors.

SRV needs politicians to realise pursuing an 'elimination strategy' for COVID-19 will be a failure. The only important metrics are how many die (in Australia, hardly anyone for months) and how many are in hospital intensive care units (last I read, the figure was one person).

The obsession with daily case numbers by most politicians and the sensationalist media is not matched by a similar fixation with how many in Australia pass away annually from cancers (48000), ischaemic heart disease (3000 plus), suicides (3000 plus) or the road toll (1100 plus).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SRV (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.