ALK 0.93% 54.0¢ alkane resources limited

Having heard a number of people complain that IG said he was...

1. 569 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 270
    Having heard a number of people complain that IG said he was done selling I thought I would check the video of the AGM to see if this was factual.
    To quote his reply he never stated he was finished selling but rather said the following,

“ … I will give a fairly succinct answer to that, I have held my shares without selling a share for 15 years and there comes a point in time where one actually does have other things going on in one’s life, including in business, and I have very limited opportunity to sell or to buy and as a result I had to go through the appropriate process to be able to sell. I am still over 20%, I am the major shareholder of the company and it is my intention to maintain that. Whether or not I sell any shares is actually a matter for me and at the end of the day I do intend to being a long term share holder of this company…”

He has done better than me and I assume many other holders who in a similar period have taken profits.

As I have said in the the past I regard this sell down as an opportunity to buy ALK shares at a discount to true value. I have no idea if the sell down will continue or how long it will take. This sell down along with the drop in value of ASM has impacted my portfolio performance, but I regard ALK as a long term buy and will continue to buy as the opportunity presents itself.

I am a ALK fan as it has proved to be a good investment and do not regard myself as an IG apologists. He like any other shareholder is entitled to sell his shares if required.

His message is very clear, he intends to continue being a long term major holder.
    Last edited by RabbitTrap: 28/12/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
54.0¢
Change
0.005(0.93%)
Mkt cap ! $325.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
54.0¢ 55.0¢ 52.5¢ $364.8K 682.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 47380 53.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
54.0¢ 51666 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ALK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.