WGO 0.00% 35.5¢ warrego energy limited

Ann: Change in substantial holding, page-162

1. 516 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 225
    I just sold my WGO and bought STX.
    WGO price is fully factored in and then some as the SPP of $0.36 as opposed to a current SP of $0.38 suggests a further T/O offer by someone such as BPT or STX.
    My personal opinion is that the Board of STX would be nuts to match this price of $0.36 cash and BPT walked away quickly at $0.25.
    I don't know how much of WGO that STX owns (last 19.8%) but it does present a great blocking stake and that should be enough .
    Absolute stupidity in a bidding war is inexcusable and from previous decisions I don't think that STX's board is stupid.

As to other players such as Mitsui , STO and WDS ---so far there have been no indicators of interest to date.

Once Gina (very likely) gets Management control of WGO then we may see the game move on to STX and potentially a T/O of BPT in what I perceive to be a move to the main game control of the Perth Basin --remember STX holds far more reserves and also a 50% interest in the same WA wells.
    As to Spain ----it is all speculation at this point in time and WGO did nothing to improve that impression
    All the above is IMHO and all please do your own research including "The Australian" of today

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.