SYR 2.22% 22.0¢ syrah resources limited

Ann: Change in substantial holding, page-39

1. LDW
    51 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 72
    Glad you liked the article! Their approach in this article appeals to me (I like value/contrarian investing). If I had spare cash, I'd buy SYR without hesitation, but I'm nowhere near 17% voting rights.

However, selling shares for tax, capital and portfolio rebalancing is sensible - even I have done it. With SYR I've averaged down, caught the falling knife, and am now selling the tops whilst averaging up on the dips (my trades attached).

I can only dream of being in Aus Supers position, but If I was, I'd probably be progressively shifting money from SYR into other opportunities to diversify my portfolio and use the convertible notes to maintain voting rights. Rather than paying tax on cash profits from the convertible note, Aust Super will be able to claim some serious tax losses by selling shares that they bought on the way down from $6.54. Taking a capital loss, avoiding capital gains, and maintaining voting rights by converting the convertible notes is a financial win-win-win.

Institutional buying is needed to lift SYR's SP into the ASX 200. This will trigger mandated buying by Hedge, Index and Super Funds that will drive positive sentiment, more retail/insto buying and short closing. A bullish SP run is coming.

Someone needs to provide liquidity to allow new big players to enter SYR. I wont be selling my shares to them, but, maybe Aus Super will sell to shave millions from their tax bill.

Just my dumb logic.

But dumb logic has served me well.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5047/5047012-b1c1bd5af61cfd48fb5591e12f3db723.jpg
    Last edited by LDW: 12/02/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
22.0¢
Change
-0.005(2.22%)
Mkt cap ! $227.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
22.0¢ 23.3¢ 21.5¢ $638.1K 2.853M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 64122 22.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
22.5¢ 11500 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.