DEG 1.58% $1.25 de grey mining limited

Lithium price fall impact today .Pilbara minerals which I think...

1. 614 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 261
    Lithium price fall impact today .Pilbara minerals which I think must be Australias premium Lithium producer reports profits down from 1.24 billion Au to 275 million Au .Suspends dividend ,in effort to strengthen balance sheet .There was a huge bubble in Lithium prices which has now exploded .Zero chance there will be any basic exploration for Lithium on DEG land .KZM jumped on this bandwagon ,formed a Lithium subsidiary and sold it off .As far as I know it never made a significant find ,hence getting rid of Ashburton as money in short supply .KZM has been a total bust .
    The option to buy Ashburton is hard to understand ,no one has been able to make it work .If DEG,S discoveries in the Pilbara is the best thing since sliced bread how come they need feed from Ashburton ?????
    Pretty obvious if you look at the data from Blackrock is that they are primarily controlling trading in DEG through multiple different entities (investement funds and I think etfs.)Blackrock for those who don't know is a huge private equity firm which manages enormous amounts of money .Their gold investments are small potatoes compared to other investments.Based in New York .There are in fact very few large Australian Gold miners since the takeout of Newcrest ,so any fund wanting to have a percentage in Australian miners invest in DEG because of its market cap .Its a bit like riding a tiger however because if Blackrock has to sell some Deg shares for whatever reason (eg people taking money out of thier gold fund whichever it might be )then this will have a big impact as trading volume in DEG is very low relative to its market Cap and 1.75 Billion (or thereabouts)shares outstanding .
    Interest rates in the US have stopped falling due to strength in the US economy ,this will keep worldwide interest rates higher and the cost of financing for a big mine very significant.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.25
Change
-0.020(1.58%)
Mkt cap ! $2.304B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.27 $1.27 $1.24 $3.401M 2.726M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
21 204620 $1.24

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.25 16478 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.25
  Change
-0.020 ( 1.73 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.27 $1.27 $1.24 847862
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
DEG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.