MSB 1.82% $1.12 mesoblast limited

Hi @col69, " .... or a planned USA consortium / family takeover...

1. 1,362 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2856
    Hi @col69,

" .... or a planned USA consortium / family takeover ? He could also just be ensuring he retains a 10% blocking stake if a CHF partnership unfolds whereby the new partner takes a 10, 15 or 19.99% stake in Mesoblast as part of the deal as I eluded to in Post #:73203617 ?"

Yeah...nah.

I see this as an affirmative action by Dr George, not part of some passive strategy.

Ockham's Razor tells me there's a need to see it as actively driven (but not to worry about it as anything more (e.g. a George takeover) in the absence of any other information).

Consider the benefits (from a US long-term investor perspective) of being involved in a corporation listed on ASX - it's a reliable exchange, a double-tax treaty but there's a degree of moat-like protection against being swallowed in the on-market volatility and voraciousness of M&A games on the US exchanges, especially if you don't think you're going to need a lot more share capital in future. Harder to attack. Consider also, for example, why we think Dr Rose made his ambitious grab for 5m shares on allotment @USD0.30. Because he could (of course) & IMO because he too wants a long-term relationship with MSB & is prepared to be judged by what's going down for the next 6 months. Keep in mind, Dr Rose won't know the outcome of his own application until the AGM i.e. November 2024, and by then many ducks will have aligned (or stars wil be in a row, take your pick). We have to think these guys - and I'm including Philip Facchina - are all talking to each other, right?

So, IMO this series of investments by Dr George & Co. is only supportive of the current management plans under CEO Itescu right up to & through the AGM. And it goes much further than any immediate need for a blocking stake, when taken together with CEO Itescu's at any of the % levels you mention, altho' it sure does have that effect. But it still begs the question - why block, if you weren't in for the long-term?

I remain convinced this buying by the George family should reasonably be seen right now as nothing more than a) opportunistic buying for long-term emerging value, & b) messaging to avaricious wannabes & instos that the corporation is supported by white knights, & they need to do the right thing sooner rather than later.

Now, why send that message? And why now? Well, for one, it should all encourage BigPharma to put their best licensing joint venture offers on the table e.g. that CHF deal you want to see, while they can still make their way there & there's something more than scraps left, and not waste time playing silly buggers on- or off-market.

Cheers,
    GLTA(LT)H

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.12
Change
0.020(1.82%)
Mkt cap ! $1.370B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.11 $1.21 $1.07 $20.40M 17.89M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 85968 $1.12

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.12 446 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.52am 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.12
  Change
0.020 ( 1.11 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.10 $1.21 $1.07 3370556
Last updated 12.10pm 02/05/2024 ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.