MSB 3.76% $1.03 mesoblast limited

Ann: Change in substantial holding, page-44

1. 1,436 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3142
    Col,

there's a very positive side to all these developments, IMO. And in my evaluation it's NOT getting attention here, & yet is far more likely than any suggested takeover scenario.

Have you never considered the impossible situation Dr George would find himself in should he, or he & his family trust, or he, his family trust & other Associates acquire control of an Australian-domiciled corporation for Australian tax purposes?

His careful tax planning to ensure that he can maximise the benefit of Bahaman tax-residency would be thrown out the window! He may even find himself so caught up in the Australian tax net that he can't get his GLOBAL income and capital gains out.

Remember, last time I checked the the Government of the Bahamas has no double-tax treaty with Australia - unlike the United States of America. Go figure. However, keep in mind Australia does have an Exchange of Information with respect to Taxes Agreement with the Government of the Bahamas, so privacy will only get one so far.

So, do you really honestly think it's in his personal interests to takeover a corporation in a country at risk of becoming a banana republic (thanks Mr Keating) & find himself and his family's future wealth at the whim of Australia's desire to tax billionaires?

Now ask yourself why - if he wouldn't do anything that stupid, IMO - he'd act as a mere stalking horse for some other bunch of people to do it, when he's gone to the trouble of establishing & investing in partner-like good working relations with all of the continuing Board members.

And lastly, ask yourself why he'd support an Australian banking and finance lawyer taking up the Chairmanship of Mesoblast Limited for the foreseeable future.

When you have some compelling answers to these questions, let's have a real thorough discussion on HC:MSB about the short- to medium-term likely developments.

The message that I see Dr George sending to the ASX market right now is that there's no future for shorters, and there's no incentive for profit-takers who aren't ready to take the risk that they have to run to up with the bandwagon.

That's a good message, from an MSB holders POV, as I see things.

Cheers, & have a good one.
    Last edited by Phaedrus: 02/05/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.03
Change
-0.040(3.76%)
Mkt cap ! $1.170B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.07 $1.07 $1.01 $13.19M 12.81M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 61090 $1.02

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.03 239558 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.