DSE 3.23% $2.70 dropsuite limited

Topline have now bought more than 5 million shares at or above...

1. 294 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 31
    Topline have now bought more than 5 million shares at or above 30c. They are willing to buy shares at that price, so maybe the sellers should let them spend a little extra. That was slightly tongue in cheek but if I as selling, I'd let them pay me a little more.

Some hypotheticals ahead.

I think what is more interesting is that Dropsuite is proposing a share split (1 for 10) to better suit American investors (they don't like companies with a share price less than $1). This split has surely been 'suggested' by Topline, the American investment company that now owns 31% of Dropsuite.

So, why does Topline want this to happen? Are they aiming to make an offer for the company and need American investors to see the price is >$1/share?

If they do want to buy the company, what would be the best time to make an offer? Before Dropsuite reduces costs and increases profitability? When the launch of Microsofts backup offering may reduce Dropsuites share price?
    Are they willing to offer a premium to the current price, or does their large holding mean they won't have to offer much of a premium at all?

Remember, these are all hypotheticals.

Any opinions and suggestions are welcome

If someone can figure out how many more shares Topline are allowed to buy before the 31st of June or the 31st of December, that may provide some insight to how many shares they will purchase, and therefore, how this may impact the share price. I think someone did this at the end of last year, but I can't remember who it was.
    Last edited by KitB: 15/05/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DSE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.70
Change
-0.090(3.23%)
Mkt cap ! $188.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.72 $2.80 $2.70 $33.77K 12.45K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 11000 $2.71

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.80 7441 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.39pm 04/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DSE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.