BLX 0.82% $2.41 beacon lighting group limited

Ann: Change in substantial holding, page-5

1. 818 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 241
    Thanks for the detailed information - extremely helpful as always.

I'd, coincidentally, just started looking at BLX again. I have to say that I've looked several times before, but it's never quite made it onto my Buy list.
    My current interest came out of the fact that Housing approvals are at, I think, a 10 year low (or close to it) so I feel that it's time to look at a manufacturer/ seller linked to the property industry. Governments seem keen to improve the building approval rates due to the, perceived at least, shortage of housing.
    I don't believe that there's going to be a miraculous, immediate turnaround in the fortunes of companies like BLX yet but there's a reasonable chance that, a year out, the next five years or so may be quite supportive for anyone linked to building.

As for the company itself, their financial achievements in percentage terms are quite impressive. I support that with the following :

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6302/6302416-0905502af7aa98687f4a7ff00358ea3b.jpg

It's not a coincidence that their numbers aren't that far behind NCK and LOV. All three have a vertically integrated business model boasting strong relationships with overseas manufacturers.
    Although store rollouts seem to be a serious contributor to their steady revenue increase over time, they appear to have applied a fair amount of work directly with trade customers and this will also have helped.

Their finished stock levels seem a bit high but I haven't got back to that yet.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.