PLS 6.54% $2.86 pilbara minerals limited

Ann: Change in substantial holding, page-18

1. 1,044 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 299
    Of course i'll bore you with the bleedin' obvious. But it all depends on lithium Hyrdox, Carb Spod prices. Holders will make losses or profits dependent on that. 'Prices' depend on demand/supply. Market in the doldrums.

Right now more than sufficient supply (including Africa) and weakish demand. Sort of plodding along sideways at a cheapish price. Chinese economy would have to be doing much better than it is right now to trigger substantial restocking. And their exports are going to be held in check somewhat by protectionism in the West. So, for PLS, its domestic demand in China, and other Asian countries that is going to get things headed in the right direction.
    Perhaps the Canadian exporters will do better over the next decade, supplying battery chemicals to Ford, GM, Tesla, Chrysler etc. But USA EV's on the nose right now ? Charging infrastructure (lack of) turning ppl off? Think a significant proportion of ppl are unable to change their lifetime of FF habits, despite the fact thats what needs to happen. The restructure of the whole industry including maintenance and repair needs to happen. It'll be gradually smaller and gradually higher tech. But US government of either stripe will face backlash from US auto workers.

Lithium producer companies will need to be low cost for a very long time . . . As things are.

What could trigger a sudden resurgence for EV demand? The only thing i can think of is the same reason that the energy transition is happening in the first place . . . . . some sort of fairly dramatic 'climate disaster spike'. Something soooo obvious that it forces governments the world over (not including Russia) to cut carbon emissions by 'mandate'. Something a bit "existential".

Lo siento.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.