BRI 0.33% $1.50 big river industries limited

Personally I'm concerned that the biggest shareholder (double in...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 409 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 617
    Personally I'm concerned that the biggest shareholder (double in size the #2 holder) has sold some shares -- even if it was only 350,000-odd and going from 35.5% to 34%. It shows a mindset of reducing exposure, when you'd think they would be buying more. Although, we have no idea if they needed funds to invest elsewhere, or pay their shareholders a distribution for the first half of the year, a small tax loss, etc. Who knows??!! In theory at least, they shouldn't have any more information than we do. And they are still significant holders. But it's still a concern.

My average price is about $1.80 and BRI is about 1% of my portfolio.

Also, the lack of buyers in the queue compared with the sellers is grim.

Another concern is the absence of director purchases. You'd think the directors would be placing orders for BRI stock but they just aren't.

I'm with StockyBonbon and writing this off as noise. I won't be buying more unless it gets significantly cheaper. Given the price action, I wouldn't like to bet against it heading lower. However, the thesis remains: It's a profitable, highly cyclical company, with low/manageable debt and tied to the fortunes of residential construction. Everything I've read suggests a residential construction boom is inevitable and there's usually a couple of up years, followed by a couple of down years. The cycle will turn....eventually. In the meantime, failing a raging recession where building construction collapses completely, Big River will keep making a profit and continue to pay dividends of some description.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRI (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.