BRN 2.44% 20.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

Ann: Change of Auditor, page-60

1. 4,351 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2663
    Don't know what it all means but when I googled HLB Mann Judd I got a couple of hits along these lines

https://www.bankingday.com/hlbmannjudd-shut-out-us-capital-market

I found this on the US Public Company Accounting Oversight Board's website and it seems to be the most recent record of the firm on that website.

https://pcaob-assets.azureedge.net/pcaob-dev/docs/default-source/enforcement/decisions/documents/105-2020-008-hlb.pdf?sfvrsn=feb98276_4

I assume that Brainchip has confirmed that the appointment of HLB Mann Judd as its auditor sits okay with its listing on the OTCQX.

Also a bit strange for Brainchip to move from using one of the Big Four to using a second tier firm. HLB Mann Judd is an independent member of an very large international network of accounting firms but horses for courses in auditing. For instance, over 90% of ASX200 companies use either PwC, EY or KPMG. Not even Deloitte gets much a look-in and it is an absolute gorilla in the field of consultancy.

Also, just to clarify, EY has not recently conducted an audit of Brainchip. Their last audit report was signed off in late February (unusually for an Australian domiciled company Brainchip's fiscal year ends on 31 December). In terms of the audit cycle the timing of this change of auditor is a bit untimely as EY signed off on their review of last year half year financial statements at the end of August 2020. The new auditors don't have much time to kick the tyres at Brainchip (not unusual for a new auditor to not express an opinion first up).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.0¢
Change
-0.005(2.44%)
Mkt cap ! $371.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.5¢ 20.5¢ 19.5¢ $843.2K 4.220M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 71948 20.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.5¢ 644737 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.