MNQ 0.00% 0.0¢ minquest limited

ePAT does not need expertise in developing facial recognition...

1. Io
    582 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 34
    ePAT does not need expertise in developing facial recognition software. That is not the point at all of what they are doing. They have no need to develop their own facial recognition software. What they are good at is taking the information from facial recognition software and using that to correlate to pain levels in a patient or child. That is the smart thing with this ePAT app, not the facial recognition software. You pretty much miss the entire point if you think its just about facial recognition.

You are also wrong about the patents being on someone else's work. Apart from the obvious being its not legal to patent someone else work. The patents are on the pain estimation not on the facial recognition.

It is fine if you want to be negative about the deal but at least be correct in what you are claiming and most of what you say is incorrect.

The thing which interests me about this deal and as a long term MNQ shareholder, is the huge market size, especially in comparison to RAP. RAP have driven a +$200M market cap from an App which is focused on the tele-health market in the USA. This a reasonable size market but it is nowhere near as big as the market ePAT is focussing on. ePAT wants every doctor, para-medic, carer, parent and grand parent to have their App on their phone as the global standard for pain measurement. That market is huge, much bigger than RAP. My view is that RAP have done a great job and if the new management at ePAT can do a similar job getting the market to understand their App, then it is going to be really interesting to see how big this can get.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MNQ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.