ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 12,188 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 437
    Given past performance and history it would be well worth understanding the driver to this and not just herald the transaction.

Averaging down? Maybe.....but remember he has taken fees along the way and held interest bearing debt before converting to equity so not sure averaging down was the reason but it may well be as he spread his equity ownership and lending across a number of entities over the years, as can be seen from the latest announcement.

Pressure to buy back? Possibly...there would be plenty out there that would want him to pay for the shares what they paid for them when he was steering the ship.

Securing control? Maybe...given the exposure that the two man rescue team have and combined with some other parties whos collective interest may different from his own he may be shoring up his own defence or recovery strategy as a counter.

Doing this under the guise of something genuine? ...When in truth it might be tax washing of some form.

Trying to showing good faith as the ex-Chairman?... Too little too late.

I cannot fathom why he has done what he has done short of digging deeper. He already holds enough to block most special resolution matters that may arise and are to his distaste and even his fair chunk of ordinary resolutions would tested as well given it would never be 100% vote turnout hence it may be the majority vote in that case.

Who knows but many think it a good thing, I think the reverse.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SFG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.