CTT 0.77% $1.31 cettire limited

I'll admit that I don't understand what jchatt is trying to say,...

1. 228 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15
    I'll admit that I don't understand what jchatt is trying to say, so at the moment I don't know if they are posting a valid concern or not. What I do believe though is not comparing Cettire to Farfetch. Farfetch are an "authorised" luxury dealer and need to tow the line with the brands and can't sell any lower than the brand stores themselves. If I were a luxury buyer and it cost me the same to buy my new handbag online or to have the experience of walking around the luxury store, I would choose the luxury store. The experience would be worth it.

Cettire sells discontinued, old styles at a discount, which is a completely different proposition to Farfetch. If I wanted a discontinued or old style unavailable through the brand store itself, I would happily buy it from Cettire. A possible discount to me would be the icing on the cake.

The two are different businesses and can't be compared in my opinion. If we were talking about comparing Cettire to Farfetch's early days before it became a "authorised" dealer, then fair enough. The only similarities today are the fact they are both online businesses and both deal with luxury goods. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if Cettire are already a customer of Farfetch and buying hard to move stock off them.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.