BOQ 1.03% $5.89 bank of queensland limited.

I'm not so sure that someone else could do better than George...

1. 309 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 56
    I'm not so sure that someone else could do better than George given the competitive environment in home loans, but I am disappointed George does not provide a targeted ROE. I think he's made good progress on 'synergies' and cost savings but yeah... would be good if we got the div payout ratio that was promised and if we had some solid guidance on what ROE they are aiming for... when asked this question by an analyst, George answered....

Brian: "Could we get some comments on a target ROE, please?“What we can see is a long term sustainable ROE for BoQ, or is that not appropriate that we should be thinking that way?”
    Frazis said: “Thanks for your question. What our absolute focus is, Brian, is achieving sustainable profitable growth and improving our returns.....So, if I take the short-term initiatives that we’ve taken on automation, reducing costs whilst we’ve been able to grow, and we’ve shown that we’re making real good progress on that with half-on-half costs coming down by 3 per cent.
    Now we’re going to be providing a lot more detail around that at the strategy analyst strategy update mid this year, so that will, Brian, give you targets in terms of where we expect our ROE to be and where we expect cost to income to be. Both of those will be improved and our objective is definitely to be achieving more than our cost of capital.” https://www.copyright link/chanticleer/boq-has-me-bank-indigestion-problems-20220414-p5ader (afr article)

If the targeted ROE is a disappointment and not 'improved', we are going to get hammered when this update come out, lets hope George can deliver!
    Last edited by valakos: 01/07/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BOQ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.89
Change
0.060(1.03%)
Mkt cap ! $3.885B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.82 $5.89 $5.78 $14.44M 2.472M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 30714 $5.88

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.90 36700 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$5.88
  Change
0.060 ( 1.18 %)
Open High Low Volume
$5.83 $5.88 $5.78 569164
Last updated 15.59pm 07/05/2024 ?
BOQ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.