ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 95 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 37
    A domain at GD is about $10+/yr, annual hosting is about $80+/yr.

If pure hosting attach rates are 35% then the revenue contribution is way higher than the last data point you posted at 34%. In fact you can do the math really quickly and see the revenue numbers simply don't add up.

You missed the words 'or presence solution' - which is just URL forwarding (free), same for email which is a business application solution and might be just DNS to an O365 or Google account and is probably free. These things do make domain renewals stickier - but it's not the same as someone paying full rate hosting or email hosting fees. Like most market reporting it's not about saying what's accurate, it's about what you can get away with saying that can't be deemed false. What they also do is double count, if one customer has 3 services on a domain they are each counted separately not as an aggregation which jacks your numbers way up.

At one point I had access to the entire .au zone file and routinely ran DNS analytics over it. Which zones had live A records, where did they point to, what were the month to month changes. I feel way more confident in my empirical data than your GD marketing slides.

Finally, lets imagine for a moment that WCG was 8% and industry standard was 30+% - they've had full control (including all demand marketing) for 2 years now. Seems like low hanging fruit they should have been able to turn around into revenue growth really easily. Which no results to date have shown - only objective data is their domains under management numbers are going backwards.

Tik tok ....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 5GN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.