APX 4.08% 47.0¢ appen limited

Ann: Change of Director's Interest Notice - Mr Mark Brayan, page-31

1. 1,408 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 562
    During the AGM It was clear to me how much deep technical knowledge he has and in that respect I'm sure that internally he adds great value to the technical aspects of the organisation. This would have been very valuable at the onset of the growth phase but IMO Appen needs to acknowledge the landscape has changed significantly and need an alternative leader who is skilled in this environment. IMO the business also needs someone who can inspire externally....
    The recent announcements to restructure the business are still (IMO) a step forward but I'm failing to see how he will earn his new ST / LT entitlements over the coming years. Marks efforts at the recent AGM presentation didn't inspire me and I do hope he spends some of his fortune on some coaching to improve his public speaking abilities (again I could be well off the mark here as I couldn't attend the investor day and read a lot of positive feedback). I also hope he and the business develop a greater understanding of how important it is to share often as a learning from the Macquarie presentation fallout.
    Perception and sentiment mean a lot and this move (selling) extends the recent run of bad moves since the Macquarie presentation and poor response to the recent ASX query (they actually had lots to share at that time but said they didn't). So I ask the boffins here:
    Given the cash position / low cost of money would a buyback bring some confidence back?
    Should they kill the dividend and spend it on well thought out growth activity?
    TIA for your inputs and GLTAH - I think we will need it through what looks an extended bumpy ride!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
47.0¢
Change
-0.020(4.08%)
Mkt cap ! $104.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
48.5¢ 49.5¢ 47.0¢ $1.169M 2.448M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 119772 47.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
48.0¢ 2110 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
APX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.