ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 8,740 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2622
    I am not completely sure about the other assets, I think your right in a sense @traydor that they have been acquiring a diverse range of assets. I'd be interested to know where they are going with all this and where it all plugs in.

New energy vehicles are aiming to be lighter and will use more magnesium. Companies like Toyota and Sony are investing a lot of money into research of the magnesium-sulfur battery and the latter is looking to bring it to the market as soon as possible which will likely be via its mobile phone equipment

There are a number of benefit's in utilising magnesium over lithium and one of those is that it has twice the amount of electrons in the valence (being 2) so theoretically can hold twice the amount of charge so the amount of product can be reduced which will also reduce weight.

Right now, magnesium is at just under $2000 per tonne whilst lithium is in the region of $15,000 - $20,000 per tonne. So on price point alone magnesium could have a significant advantage, not forgetting that there are lithium shortages and China is trying to ramp up its energy storage to kerb their pollution problems.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CMC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.