NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

re: Ann: Change of Director's Interest No... Major developments...

1. 15,276 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45
    re: Ann: Change of Director's Interest No... Major developments unfolding here...

Nearmap is being set up to add significant value...via a market model that I suspect will be fashioned to appeal to the likes of Google.

It would add a layer to the Google platform that would become available to a much wider audience...which would eventually lead to significant revenue streams.

Nearmap has forged a large user base in the architectural and engineering services industry, and within the public service space particularly related to town planning and management of public spaces.

This is however the tip of the iceberg for a platform like Nearmap if a switched on, web aware group take hold.

I believe this has happened...and recent on-market buys as the new blood take out the old blood, has provided us with both a major heads-up, and opportunity to get decent lines of stock at grass roots levels.

One of NEA's biggest problems was lack of liquidity...this is also being addressed with the recent market transactions...I remember when OKN was faced with a similar issue...and one or more of their larger shareholders and directors (Hollioak?) let out some of his large position to both help seed the register with new institutional blood (who bought his stock on market), but also inflate the free-float with retailers and by extension solve the low liquidity problems. It never looked back.

So...in addition to the directors buying here, I would not be surprised to learn that others are in the market to pick up the stock...perhaps special situation funds, cornerstone shareholders, or just large investor types with an eye to the future here.

Regardless, I can see the potential for a mini Google to emerge here...one that addresses a niche market, and with ongoing revenues...and one that will eventually become too attractive for the likes of Google not to take out.

Cheers!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.