BRN 2.00% 24.5¢ brainchip holdings ltd

H Hi @Deadrise, you're right about the scrutiny on the Board and...

1. 1,720 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2051
    H
    Hi @Deadrise, you're right about the scrutiny on the Board and Execs, until BRN gets more contracts signed or money in the door, their performance will be under the microscope - and so it should be.

However at the same time I am very clear that I want to see BRN succeed, so Directors and Execs have to perform, and if they get things wrong then they have to wear it, and shareholders need to have their questions in hand at the AGM (this is really important) in particular because that is the only/best chance for holders to call them to account in the same room. But on the other hand Execs and Board should also be recognized for the achievements they make to advance the cause, so on that count the eco-system that is being built is becoming truly impressive (to me and a number of others).

I've been holding well over 8 yrs, so am just as ready as anyone to see some profit, the thing is the company moved into selling IP, on a personal level even before the IP move I didn't fully understand/appreciate how long it would take to get BRN tech/Akida into product. And the extra difficulty which a small new player confronts competing amongst a large number of established big players - even if BRN have amazing, world changing, disruptive tech - a lot of companies just want to deal with people who have that pedigree of being "Known". I'm now more cognizant of the timelines that come into play and just have to deal with it, that is if I want to continue to think that this company may yet deliver serious bhags on my investment here.

I don't believe there is any certainty about this investment, I think the tech is undoubtedly disruptive, and BRN sales team are making advances in getting the tech "out there", so on that basis there is good reason to think that in time there is a very good chance market penetration is going to happen. I'm more concerned about black swan stuff than whether Akida can do its' magic in the market place - so for me it's a balancing scenario of can the geo political, global socio/economy stay OK for long enough for Akida to succeed for me.
    Personally am more concerned with the externals than BRN & at this stage, yes I want progress, but as long as BRN continue to make advances, my impatience and wish for ROI is somewhat placated.

It would certainly be heartening to see some news on the contract front, but that is a whole other big conversation (along with the NDA, EAP story and more) about management. Bottom line I could be happier about some of the stuff that management are doing, but when I think about Sean (who cops a lot of flak, which is part of his job/territory), before Sean BRN had no real plan for getting the Akida out there, that I was aware of, so at least Sean delivered a plan and he wanted 5 years, which fits with the more realistic timeline that we are now aware of. We now have an eco-system, and what has dropped in the last month or so is impressive. On the whole a fair bit is going on with the eco system for the last couple of years, and it continues to build.

So I definitely want some stuff to change, particularly with regard to using the ASX platform for announcements. On the money, I think Sean is reasonably well paid, BUT the performance freebies are there to cover for BRNs inability to pay at the level US tech execs demand (particularly for anyone who has achieved anything), I am aware of where Seans pay level sits with regard to Australian peers. But there are not many Australian peers with the connections and industry nous that Sean has (who have the capability to go and work in the US and deliver) - there are others in the US, but I don't think you will get anyone who is highly capable without paying what many here think are "overs".

Bottom line if you pay peanuts you get monkeys, I am aware there are people who have lost patience with current execs, but as I said before Sean laid out a five year plan, regardless I still believe there is a good chance revenue starts to come - and I am hoping by the June Qtrly for something, and I would have thought contract movement before then.

Back to Pia, I am strongly of the view that positions on the Board are awarded on the basis of merit, I don't care if you are a man, woman or whatever, I don't care about your color either, but I am definitely not into the "woke" thing at all. And as you mentioned Pia wears a lot of hats, so I would probably prefer someone who is more focussed on BRN, but I have no idea of what she has or hasn't done.

One last thing I have to say, there are a range of views posted here about BRN, but personally I mostly never even bother reading the views of some posters who clearly just want to bash BRN several times a day 7 days a week and then slag off the research of diligent holders who provide such (having said that, have never used ignore either), I get to hear about their views via other posters anyway. It is not difficult to discern, but I am happy to read balanced views any day. Thanks for your reply Deadrise.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
24.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.00%)
Mkt cap ! $454.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
24.5¢ 25.0¢ 24.0¢ $2.351M 9.583M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 212207 24.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
25.0¢ 372207 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
24.5¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 2.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
24.5¢ 25.0¢ 24.0¢ 7464422
Last updated 15.58pm 03/05/2024 ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.