BRN 2.44% 20.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

In reply- the cloud doesn't have a terminal storage/processing...

1. 411 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 100
    In reply

- the cloud doesn't have a terminal storage/processing problem - rather there is a cycle occurring, that has occurred a few times before (mainframe/desktop PC, desktop /smartphone, etc) where the ability to locate processing power and services is enabled in places it was not previously enabled. Just because something is running at the edge doesn't preclude the requirement for the services in the middle, what happens is those services in the middle gain scope and keep growing. Features do not stand still in a competitive landscape. For BRN the true differentiator is their low power allowing them to sit in the edge where power is often a primary concern - the other factors are actually secondary. General Network availability is solvable and other businesses are coming up with low power long distance equivalents to Wifi designed for IoT, a bridge in effect to the backhaul offered by 5G and fixed fibre.

- I think you miss understood me when I said "link up with a CPU or SOC manufacturer". To explain BRN have their technology available as a netlist (the 'map' to make the chip or functional module) - said netlist could be linked with the netlist of say an ARM processor or a GPU or form part of a bigger SOC solution (what you find in smartphones and CPU modules used by cloud providers like AWS. BTW there is one in every Rasberry Pi) - this way they don't make the physical chip, instead, they get integrated where needed. This is how ARM made its mega-money as it scales independently of them and they just collect the IP fees. This happens a lot and there is a mature IP market servicing this need, they would be nuts to miss this opportunity. Now the existing IP licence might be of this form, if so hats off to them, but we do not know the specific terms yet.

As always DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.0¢
Change
-0.005(2.44%)
Mkt cap ! $371.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.5¢ 20.5¢ 19.5¢ $843.2K 4.220M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 71948 20.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.5¢ 644737 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.