KAU 11.1% 15.0¢ kaiser reef limited

two things to keep in mind.1. This stock trades on very low...

1. 805 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 285
    two things to keep in mind.
    1. This stock trades on very low volume and it doesn't take much at all to push sp up or down, very illiquid stock. It's worth keeping in mind when thinking about sp and trends when $100k worth of trading is both a big day and could see the stock pushed up or down by 10%.

2. A big factor behind current mining difficulties and revenue I would guess but they haven't elaborated on is a result of how they mine.
    Most mines now a days fully drill out their ore bodies (or at least the section they are mining) before mining including infill and grade control drilling. This would not be the case here were drilling would be limited to a few hits that located the reef and not much more as is usually the case for these sorts of mines. The airleggers in particular will just follow the narrow vein reef as it goes putting in small drives for scrapping and stopeing.
    This unfortunately combined with the very inconsistent nature of the grade in these orebodys can result in mining potentially significant amounts of low grade or even next to no grade ore. Same issue was rife at morning star, face sampling took weeks to get results and quite frankly wasn't always accurate of the ore such as it's wildly inconsistent nature.
    This is just a guess on my part I reckon this is what's been occurring at A1 with the air leg mining not yielding the usual high grade ore.
    Unfortunately we get told next to nothing about the mining that occurs at A1 including individual reefs and areas and it would not be unusual for air leggers to go scratching around any old reefs and workings looking for areas where the old timers may have missed something and old reefs may continue. I know for a fact during the A1s time in administration they had miners going into old workings and taking out pillars just to get a bit of decent dirt.
    Current workings may be tapped, or simply in low grade areas, or maybe they have just been busy on development as I mentioned they go into very limited detail about mining operations so it's hard to say for certain.

To end on an optimistic note, regardless of the issues that have seen production hurt I'd say there is a very reasonable chance we will see things improve and eventually become better than ever. They have discovered many high grade and relatively near term mining opportunities with the drilling they have conducted over the past 2 years, it's simply a matter of getting too it. Just hope they can get some of it before they have to rattle the can at these prices.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KAU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
15.0¢
Change
0.015(11.1%)
Mkt cap ! $25.65M
Open High Low Value Volume
13.5¢ 15.0¢ 13.5¢ $36.62K 264.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 20519 13.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
15.0¢ 33120 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
13.5¢
  Change
0.015 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
13.5¢ 13.5¢ 13.5¢ 6195
Last updated 14.40pm 10/05/2024 ?
KAU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.