CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. al1
    2,018 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45
    if they opt to go to court they normally have to pay some of the ATO claimed monies up front....as I have read from some prior cases......
    If Cfe wins ..well the ato will have to pay all costs plus interest on the funds held....

Of course CFE will have to set aside any funds in the event of a loss.....the bank interest won't compare with the rate the ATO is allowed to charge......its far too high....

I do see the point regarding CFE claiming too high a deduction on the copper Co asset sales......

Each asset i would normally expect to be individually valued
    at the time of the Copper co purchase

Then each asset would have follow on expenses incurred and the original purchase expenses should have been apportioned across each of the assets of copper co .

There would have also been expenses related to the sale of individual assets...which would be a deductible expense.

may have been difficult to get that exactly correct....as valuations are just opinions of "expert" valuers....

However CFE did employ the best of the best to do their Tax returns .....so if there is a mistake...they must take responsibility for any errors.....if CFE did not make any omissions in information supplied to their auditors for the compilation of the tax return

As the directors are buying heavily it may appear they have a high degree of confidence of reducing the ATO assessment or having it over turned in court......

They may also have some trade deals in the pipeline for july on wards that may make the ATO a less significant issue....
    time will tell
    But the directors don't appear to be overly concerned as they know the company is a lot bigger than the ATO claim......
    For those in doubt...the directors appear to be willing buyers of any stock you wish to sell....

regards al1

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CLE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.