CTP 0.00% 5.3¢ central petroleum limited

I think I've lost more on my CTP holding than the sum of all the...

1. 7,057 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 98
    I think I've lost more on my CTP holding than the sum of all the directors buying up today. But I'm not complaining, the fundamentals have changed since I first invested and that is the cue to get out. I blame it on the geology, even the directors couldn't know what lies beneath until proper tests are done. Less than spectacular results at Mt Kitty was one of them, Santos scaling back was a major one. Then there's the crappy Surprise puddle. If Santos was to commit fully to their stage 2 farm in I would have waited and see. If there is a definite plan to hunt for conventional oil for early cash flow I would have waited and see. If Statoil's SGB tests were positive I would have stayed.

I bet the reason we're not looking for more oil is because at this stage the targets are not large enough to justify the risk based on the Surprise results. If you only have a 20% chance of finding oil that is only going to break even with the cost of the well then you have to be an idiot to drill it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $39.22M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.3¢ 5.4¢ 5.3¢ $52.12K 978.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 454057 5.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.4¢ 46397 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.