WSA 0.00% $3.86 western areas limited

Ann: Change of Director's Interest Notice, page-4

1. 6,072 Posts.
    Nah mate, I won't do that.
    If we take a step back and try and look objectively instead of hopefully I'll make a few points why I believe WSA and other nickel miners are in for hard times for a prolonged period regardless of what analysts believe in the deficit/supply equation.
    China up until recently accounted for more that 50% of world nickel consumption.
    China's economy is transitioning from resources to consumption growth. As high as 9.5% growth in 2011 and currently at around 6.5%. I think it's going lower, how much lower I don't know but lower for the next year for sure.
    How can we have bullish markets in an unstable world environment with recent terror attacks, an impending rate rise in the US and a slowing China economy?
    Did you know a day before the Paris terror attacks there were also terror attacks in Beirut where 40 people were killed? Funny that? Not really but strange it got no real media attention?
    So in answer to your question I see below $2 by end of the year if not sooner. I believe I have always maintained that position over the last few months and still stick by it. I also believe there will be relief rallies but the trend is still down in my opinion. Not sure how much below $2, but I guess it will depend on the results of their December quarter report. You have to wait 2 months after the end of the quarter to find out.
    Oh, did you know that the IMF is supportive (just a few days ago) of the Chinese RMB to be added to the basket of currencies? This in my opinion will make the $AUD go higher against the USD so it could be a double whammy to the downside for resources going forward contrary to historical performance of metals and $AUD. Interesting times ahead.
    These are just my thoughts. I may be wrong or right, nevertheless it's my opinion that it's darker days still coming for resource stocks and for even industrial stocks.
    Last edited by Valin: 16/11/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WSA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.