FGR 1.75% 5.8¢ first graphene limited

@downsyde You are miles ahead of @spid81 on this one. Moderation...

1. 5,947 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 371
    @downsyde

You are miles ahead of @spid81 on this one.

Moderation in all things including moderation.

Graphene has been no wide spread use of it in the very few layers form. No info onthe health history of SL vein miners. Maybe someone else can have better luck.

A moderate and cautious view is needed over mining, handling and use of graphene in the micronised form or where where particulates acan arise. (I mentioned clothing - I never realised until recently just how much of oceanic plastic was actually nano sized clothing lint from washing machines. So, my alertness over graphene and subsequent searching for answers.

I also personally knew people who died suddenly and painfully from mesothelioma. So step one, FGR had better not take airborne particles lightly - precautionary principle to apply.

Secondly, cast a jaudiced eye over applications that might produce airborne prticles because later those products are processing tchniques might be well out of favour. Also wonder about implications of disposal.

@spid81 should have read the link about graphene in my earlier post.

BTW, I have no problems with sausages, smoking, burnt toast, bacon, super strong caffienated coffee or caged eggs. Damn...those are the basis of a great breakfast. For health components, some baked beans and some mushrooms just to balance it all out. Yummy.

So I am no Day-glo wearing safety nut.

so read this..

http://www.materialstoday.com/carbon/articles/s1369702112701013/

if you don't give a toss then just read this (and note graphene IS in the same sentence as asbestos):

Moreover, as with asbestos and coal dust, and other smooth, continuous, biopersistent particles that can enter the body, graphene may have the ability to instigate tumour growth, they say. At the time, that team emphasized that, “Complete materials characterization and mechanistic toxicity studies are essential for safer design and manufacturing of [graphene materials] in order to optimize biological applications with minimal risks for environmental health and safety.”

and from NIOSH
    "..Experimental animal studies indicate that potentially adverse health effects may result
    from exposure to nanomaterials. Experimental studies in rodents and cell cultures have
    shown that the toxicity of ultrafine particles or nanoparticles is greater than the toxicity
    of the same mass of larger particles of similar chemical composition.
    Research demonstrates that inhalation is a significant route of exposure for nanomaterials.
    Evidence from animal studies indicates that inhaled nanoparticles may deposit
    deep in lung tissue, possibly interfering with lung function. .... (more)"

so go and inform yourself and decide if just a little more caution and sober thinking about this issue is warranted..

MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) for graphene -- https://www.graphenea.com/pages/msds

and the handling of nanomaterials IN THE LAB! No excuse not to extend to workers.

https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/docs/2012-147/

So unlike @spid81 to be so uncharacteristically reckless.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FGR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.8¢
Change
0.001(1.75%)
Mkt cap ! $38.23M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.6¢ 5.9¢ 5.6¢ $19.37K 341.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 84341 5.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.8¢ 86875 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.8¢
  Change
0.001 ( 5.45 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.6¢ 5.8¢ 5.6¢ 307594
Last updated 15.36pm 10/05/2024 ?
FGR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.