NEU 0.00% $13.61 neuren pharmaceuticals limited

Ann: Change of Director's Interest Notice, page-20

1. 388 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 243
    I wasn't expecting Neuren to make any commentary on Acadia's issues with Nuplazid, what they need to do was to provide some detailed commentary about why they feel Acadia is the right partner for them to be working with. What manufacturing capabilities do they have? What marketing and US distribution capabilities do they have? The deal must about more than the highest bid, Neuren must be convinced that Acadia are best placed to bring Trofinetide to market.

All that has been said is:
    "ACADIA team has proven record developing and commercializing CNS disorders in the US that have no approved therapies and high unmet need".

This sounds good but the reality is they have bought one drug to market with questionable efficacy results (which may be a sign they are capable of dealing with the FDA). I wouldn't expect that they would have anywhere near the manufacturing expertise or sales reach as the big boys. So why?

My thoughts - They need us as much as well need them (or more). Their smaller size allows us to retain program control. They are backed by the big money of wall street so there are no cash barriers to execution (I understand they have a large war chest). Acadia's (somewhat aggressive) direct marketing approach has been highly successful in driving sales of Nuplazid and this same model will be ideal for Trofinetide. They have a strong working relationship/lobby capability within the FDA. They are well placed to pursue a Priority Review Voucher. etc. etc.

Success of Trofinetide is a game changer for Acadia with potential sales multiple that of their current asset. For the big boys it would be a bit of meh! To me that is a big positive yet to be communicated in any capacity. Acadia can't be happy either, they have just signed up a potential massive product and the SP hasn't noticed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$13.61
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.739B
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 814 $14.29

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$12.92 64 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.03am 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NEU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.