VOR 0.00% 39.5¢ vortiv limited

One thing I would say in Jeff's defence, he did inherit a...

1. 1,449 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 348
    One thing I would say in Jeff's defence, he did inherit a train-wreck. We were all excited about where the TSI was going, the announcements were flowing and the SP went to 4 something cents, from memory. Then the rumours of demonitization began to circulate until it was subsequently announced. Next we saw queues of Indians outside of teller machines that were empty of money and the there were not enough new notes being printed to keep up with demand. No cash no transactions. TSI was starved of money right on its pivotal moment. The share price sank. People held on in the hope that there'd be some miracle resolution, when none came the share price sank further. This is when Jeff took over. I get the impression that after internal friction, Gary lost interest in TSI and Jeff was left with a basket case.

I do believe Mr. Lai is doing the job he was employed for and get the impression he is doing his best with what he's inherited. While he may not be the greatest PR man to hit the corporate world, he has managed to put a reasonably good portfolio together so far - with the funds he's had available. I do get why certain contracts are not announced and I wonder what happened to the Sydney Airport contract - after its details were published?

Gary is the one who is responsible for PR, or see to it that Jeff handles it properly - thanks Lazarus for posting the rules outlining a director's duties. I do believe Jeff is doing what he was employed for, you make up your own mind about how well he's building a tech stock.

The trouble with many of us older holders is, we were on the cusp of holding a stock whose SP could have gone into orbit, but ended up with a long term option. Good thing, I believe, is that things are starting to settle. If cloud10 and DWX can continue to build over the next year or so, then we have a platform to spring forth from and TSI could still show its x-factor.

With all that said, I do think it's time Gary Foster started showing more interest - or show us that he's still interested.

Cheers

Rhama

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VOR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.