MSV 9.57% 42.5¢ mitchell services limited

Hi fiendly ... Maybe any negative energy between SMS and MSV is...

1. 18,278 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3797
    Hi fiendly ... Maybe any negative energy between SMS and MSV is not so negative at all?

From reading a bit this afternoon it seems MSV wrote down down a lot of the costs of the drills before it wrote off the contract?

And the whole ‘it’s been taken to court’ thing doesn’t seem to matter much to the MSV and associates crew from my prior reading (mostly about the associates ; Adaman Resources/Habrok Mining/Remgagen Capital)
    And when the price falls someone is bound to make money from it?

Possibly a win win situation for some?
    @Saragian if you can spare some time I would love your technical perspective please

FWIW I used to hold MSV long ago and have - over time- become interested in the connections between the companies listed above and more so I have done a fair bit of past research.
    Most recently I came by because I was curious about sudden drill acquisitions - unexpectedly by DDH1, and by DDB and wondered if MSV was the vendor

It does seem their new drills may have come via acting on the ‘potential sale of drills’ noted in the February in the AFR story in the spoiler?

Excepts from the spoiler below note :
    “Alternatively, the company may determine to sell the relevant rigs.”

‘Mitchell Services has previously also incurred sizeable depreciation charges as it acquired rigs – its $14.15 million EBITDA result for 2020’s first half was chewed down by a $7.1 million depreciation and amortisation charge, with statutory profits at $4.3 million.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
42.5¢
Change
-0.045(9.57%)
Mkt cap ! $90.91M
Open High Low Value Volume
45.5¢ 45.5¢ 42.0¢ $418.4K 958.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 109073 42.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
43.0¢ 154600 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.00pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.